A Bee-ginner's Guide to Understanding Bee Health
- Bees like to bee: Move them as little as possible
- Bees need a varied diet: a poly-culture of varied farmland or wild land is ideal
- Bees need a dry home free of anything they do not bring in themselves
- Bees need clean water nearby
- The bees we've been selecting for are too big! While bigger bees hypothetically gather more nector in ideal weather, naturally sized, smaller bees fly in strong wind and access a wider variety of flower types.
- Build simple swarm boxes to catch swarms!